We consistently demonstrate that link building is crucial to increasing search engine ranking.
Once keywords have been identified, qualified, and approved, it is relatively painless to implement them into the website. Despite this being a relatively simple process, we remain shocked that so many so-called SEO firms fail to implement these basic steps, especially since they have been common knowledge since Google released its Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide back in 2008.
Correctly implementing backlinks is a more time-consuming process. In order to do so, we recommend the following steps:
- Sign up for industry-related websites, associations and blogs and post content with links
- Issue press releases related to events that your organization is participating in or coordinating, new products/services, news, contests, etc.
- Build profiles on high PageRank sites such as LinkedIn or Manta.com
The core places that they are important for keywords:
- title tags
- h1 tags
- meta descriptions
- urls (search engine friendly url structure)
- website copy/content
- alt tags on photos/graphics